Wednesday, October 31, 2012

happy hallowe'en


      Our Not-A-Critique-Group-Writers met for our monthly lunch yesterday at Gloria Skurzynski's.  The cool kids came in costume. The slacker in the blue vest came as a "Procrastinating Author" with a briefcase full of distractions: LL Bean catalogs, Vanity Fair, Italian espresso, dark chocolate, laptop for internet cruising & reading blogs, TV remote, newspaper, Netflix guide, cellphone, binoculars for watching the neighbors, and a writer's notebook, which was empty.

Don't worry, they're just props. I  would never spy on my neighbors!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Yikes! At that rate, I'll be writing 4,000 500-word picture books. I'd better get busy! :0)

Kristiana Gregory said...

You'll be waaay ahead of me for sure, Leslie!!

Heather Spiva said...

Love this post. Kristi, you're awesome. Espresso and dark chocolate? You're the smartest writer ever.

Kristiana Gregory said...

ha!